Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Quick Update: Linux or CE6

 

As promised, I’ve got a quick update about the system. I got my board CE6 on the Mini2440out and flashed a build of Windows CE 6.0 that I had lying around. I’m currently evaluating how well CE6 would work for my idea. At this point of time I’m rather inclined towards throwing in a build of Linux like Qtopia or OpenEmbedded and avoid the whole .NETCF thing I had planned. One of the reasons for that is, I’m unable to get a good driver for my OV9650 based CMOS camera module, and I don't want to use the (slow) C# I/O to write a new one. I do already have a driver and DLL written in eVC++ for the module but that is giving me erratic results in CE6 (works great in CE5), so I reason: If I’m using C++, I’d rather use it with Linux than CE6.

So now the question, Qtopia (I think it’s being called QTextended now)or OpenEmbedded? The answer is also a question, which has better community support? Hmmm…

That’s all for now folks. As always, leave your comments, it makes my day. Wave

1 comment:

PinoyBoy said...

Friggin' Awesome! Isn't OpenEmbedded a part of QTextended? If there is a fork, then definitely go for qt.